Next Stage of Development
Milestone reached in Castledown Enterprise Centre project
A significant milestone has been reached in a project which will see the development of people's business skills, and support the set-up and growth of small businesses.
In March 2013, the opening of the Castledown Enterprise Centre located on Fitz Gilbert Court on the Castledown Business Park in Ludgershall marked the first centre to be completed as part of The Enterprise Network
When the project is complete it will provide a range of innovative services including:
- Start-up business space with on-site support
- Hot desks, flexible offices, networking spaces, meeting rooms, training rooms
- Superfast broadband connectivity
- State of the art technologies and media to deliver services and knowledge
- Specialist and generalist advice & guidance tailored to demand
- Fully integrated networking and communications between hub and satellite centres
- Communities and clusters of enterprise and entrepreneurship
Cabinet member for economic development and strategic planning Fleur de Rhe-Philipe said: 'I am delighted we have reached this stage of the project. The Enterprise Centre will be fantastic for new businesses, and will give them the specialist support they need.'
'We're committed to supporting local growth and this centre will provide us with the best opportunity to unlock local business potential.'
The Enterprise Network is a project led by Wiltshire Council in partnership with the Swindon and Wiltshire Local Enterprise Partnership, Plain Action, the Local Area Group on Salisbury Plain, Enterprise Wiltshire, Swindon Council, 43 Wessex Brigade, and Wessex Chamber of Commerce.